The best thing about Strawberry Daiquiris is the icy slushy strawberry sweetness. The best thing about Lemon Drops is the tart lemon sipped through the a sugar-coated rim. These Strawberry Lemonade Breezes have both so they make my summer so awesome. I’m calling it a breeze because it’s not technically a cocktail. You can either add the rum in it or leave it out, but either way, it’s breezy!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed, hulled and roughly chopped*
- 2 cups crushed ice
- ¼ cup white sugar, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained (from 3-4 lemons), plus more for garnish
- ⅓ cup white rum, plus more to taste (optional)
- Combine strawberries, ice, and sugar in blender until smooth. Add lemon juice and rum, if desired. Pulse to combine.
- To garnish glass, pour 1 tbsp lemon juice in a small plate, and 1 tbsp sugar in another plate. Put each cup upside down in first plate to wet rim, then into second plate and twist until sugar sticks. Pour drink into cups, and serve.
Use more strawberries with Strawberry-Vanilla French Toast Hearts.
Use more lemons with Lemon-Blueberry Bread Pudding with Lemon Glaze, Lemon Basil Shrimp Pasta, and Mango Avocado Salad.