Layers of berries and vanilla yogurt are topped with sprinkles in these simply sweet Valentine’s Fruit Parfaits.
Valentine’s Day is all about showing how much you care. Honestly, I’m not too much of a Valentine’s fanatic, but I do love hearts and things that are pretty and pink and red and cute! Greyson and I tend to do something small and sentimental rather than buying anything big for Valentine’s, so when I started thinking of making something small and from the heart, I came up with these little Valentine’s Fruit Parfaits.
For this recipe, start out with a little Greek yogurt. Drizzle in some heavy cream and vanilla, then top it with brown sugar and pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes. The reason we put it in the fridge is so the brown sugar can dissolve on top of the vanilla-infused yogurt.
Brown sugar can be tricky. It seems like every time I open a new package, it hardens up within just a few weeks. I can’t measure it or scoop any out when it’s as hard as a brick, so it’s time to throw it out and get more… right?
Nope! The only reason brown sugar hardens up is because it’s very moist, and when the package is open that moisture escapes and leaves the sugar hard. All you have to do to prevent this from happening is store it in an airtight container. That way, the moisture can’t escape and your brown sugar stays soft. But if it does happen to harden, just throw a piece of bread into the container and close it back up. Oddly enough, your brown sugar will be soft again the next day.
The brown sugar in this recipe is the perfect touch to send these parfaits over the edge! After it’s dissolved, grab two 4 oz jars and build your parfaits layer-by-layer with your favorite berries and the sugary yogurt. Then place a tiny heart-shaped cookie cutter on top of each parfait and sprinkle colorful sprinkles like these or these right inside. If you don’t have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, just cut one out of a piece of paper and you’re set!
These Valentine’s treats were so adorable. And although Greyson isn’t really one for sweets, I handed him this little parfait and it was gone in seconds!
I guess you can say he ate his heart out.
(That was bad. I love it.)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp packed light (golden) brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh mixed berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 2 tbsp colorful sprinkles
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl and add cream and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the yogurt mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Build the parfaits in two 4 oz jars or small cups by layering berries, then yogurt, then berries, then yogurt again. (Do not stir brown sugar into yogurt while doing this.)
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a paper cutout, top parfaits with colorful sprinkles in a heart shape. Serve immediately.
Use more berries and vanilla in Strawberry-Vanilla French Toast Hearts.
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s recipes, check out these 9 Best Valentine’s Day Recipes.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
This recipe was adapted from the Pioneer Woman’s Yogurt, Brown Sugar, and Berry Parfaits.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.